One of England’s oldest and most exciting epic stories, brilliantly retold by the author of War Horse. Beowulf is the gripping tale of a Scandinavian warrior who fights three evils so powerful they could each destroy whole kingdoms. Beowulf is no ordinary hero. Standing head and shoulders above his comrades, he saves the land of the Danes from a merciless ogre named Grendel. But his trials are not over. Next he must defend his home from his evil sea-hag mother. But in his third terrible battle, facing the death-dragon of the deep, our great hero truly meets his match…
- A vivid retelling of a story that has shaped our culture
- Bold adventures, terrible monsters and lyrical writing
- Michael Morpurgo is a legend of children’s literature
- His bestsellers include War Horse and Private Peaceful
- Includes Michael Foreman’s dramatic artwork throughout
What to read next if you love his stories of animals, adventure and war.
See if you can find these words from your favourite stories in the grid.
Can you guess which Michael Morpurgo book these clues and quotes are from?
Can you re-arrange these words to discover more fantastic Michael Morpurgo book titles?