Trouble in New York
Better than a night at the movies! Villains, crimes and double-crosses. If you were lucky enough to read The Secret of the Night Train, you’ll know that Sylvia Bishop tells a storming mystery yarn. And now she’s written a twisty crime story set in the bustling metropolis of 1960s New York. Jamie Creeden dreams of being a reporter. So when he’s offered a tour of the famous YORKER newspaper, he can’t believe his luck. But then a phone call draws him into the mystery of a missing actress. Suddenly Jamie is plunged into a world of ruthless villains, shadowy crimes and puzzling clues. What’s going on? Is he in danger? He still dreams of front-page news – but at what cost?
- A captivating crime story full of danger and glamour
- Middle-grade mystery fiction with an instant classic feel
- Thrillingly atmospheric setting in the 1960s Big Apple
- Sylvia Bishop is one of today’s hottest young writers
- She won huge acclaim for The Secret of the Night Train
- She also wrote Erica’s Elephant and The Bookshop Girl